BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

on the sadistic matter of dating...

Actually, I'm not going to say anything about dating because I don't believe in internet beef or digital warfare. It's not for me, or mines. But to anybody out there thinking, "We'll see about that"... don't fuckin test me.

I've recently had the pleasure of meeting a most talented photographer (and just an all-around positive person) by the name of Chelcie S. Porter-Contreras of Luckwings Photography. She is also coordinating Savior Faire: A celebration of GLBTQ Art, Music, Fashion and Performance. Savior Faire will be taking place August 28 and 29th at Quennect Four... and guess who's one of the featured performers!

Yes, that's right. Yours truly :)


Check out Chelcie's work HERE

No, wait... There's more.

The Taste of Chicago is just hours away which means so is YOUNG CHICAGO AUTHORS LIVE at the Taste of Chicago! The line up is sick (and not just because I'm on it). I had my humble beginnings with Young Chicago Author's Youth Poetry Slam (the largest in the Midwest) called Louder Than A Bomb. That's where I first met some of the incredible artists like HBO Def Poet Kristiana Colon, Deja K. Taylor of Russell Simmons "Brave New Voices", and FM Supreme who's shared the stage with Hip Hop greats such as Kool Herc, MC Lyte and The Clipse -- that will be performing all throughout the Taste of Chicago Festival on the Fun Stage located at Jackson and Columbus.

Look for me at the Fun Stage reppin YCA on July 2nd at 5pm!



RSVP and CHECK THE SCHEDULE on Facebook NOW!

0 comments: